Assemble it Yourself - Juki DDL-8700
Posted by Cutting Sewing Room Equipment Staff on 1/28/2020 to
We show you how to assemble the table, head, stand and motor of the Juki DDL-8700 in this step-by-step tutorial. This video shows you how to do it yourself in 8 sections. It usually takes one of our sewing techs about 90 minutes to assemble the whole thing. How long it will take you depends on your skill level. It could take 2-5 hours easily. However, if you have the tools on hand and have general mechanical skills you will probably be very satisfied with the video and your assembly time. If however, you open the player and immediately feel frustration, then you may want to order your machine fully assembled. Listed below are the eight sections of the tutorial.
- As it begins we show the unboxing of the product. When you order the unassembled Juki DDL-8700 from us it will come in 2 or 3 boxes. We show every single part that goes into the packages.
- Having the right tools will make a large impact on the outcome. We highlight the tool list in section 2 and keep it on the screen so you can easily gather your toolkit.
- Assemble starts with the table upsidedown on the floor or your workbench. You'll put the stand together first. The kit contains the K-Legs, braces and necessary hardware for this step.
- The next thing you'll do is install the servo motor while the table is still upsidedown. This is a very particular section where we thoroughly detail the process for proper setup.
- Once the table legs and motor are on, you'll want to connect them with the pedal for the later operation of the machine. We show you exactly how to adjust it to your needs.
- So far we've already shown you the unboxing of all the parts, but now it's time to show you how to go about unboxing the Juki DDL-8700 sewing machine head from the manufacturer packaging.
- In section seven of the video, we show you how to attach the head to the table, run the pulley, insert the oil pan, run the electrical, place the guards, set up the knee lift, and mount the thread stand.
- Finally, we show you the basics of using your DDL-8700. We cover using the bobbin winder, threading the machine, how to adjust stitch length, etc.
The video is about an hour long. We fast forward through the redundant parts, but keep the action on screen so you can see what's going on even when we don't think it's entirely necessary. We are also working on the Spanish language version of this now and will be updating the blog post as soon as we have completed it. We hope that our CUTSEW customers who have ordered the unassembled Juki DDL-8700 from us will find this useful and will also SUBSCRIBE to our Cut Sew YouTube Channel for all of our videos on industrial sewing equipment for the sewn products industry.