Schmetz NeedlesSCHMETZ has been globally recognized since 1851, as one of the highest quality brand of needles for sewing machines. You can always trust the quality of seams with SCHMETZ sewing machine needles.
They have developed a wide range of Schmetz Needles for industrial sewing machines, providing the right type for all types and sizes of thread, for any type of material you need to sew.
Selecting the correct needle starts with your type of machine. From there you will want to consider the type of material you intend to sew. Lastly you’ll evaluate the particular characteristics of the thread you want to use. What material type is it? What is the elongation? You’ll want to select the smallest needle size possible for the material in use. So match your thread accordingly.
• Made in Germany
Main Features of Schmetz Needles
• Various sizes
• Assorted, twin, triple color code
• Assorted Point types
• Prevents skipped stitches
• Prevents shredding and breaking
• Trouble-free embroidery and decorative stitching
Schmetz Sewing Machine Needles• 134-R or 135x7: The slightly rounded pointed universal needle is universally used in double needle lockstitch and tackers. This general-purpose needle can be used on all brands of sewing machines. Available in thicknesses NM 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 85/13, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, 120/19, 125/20, 130/21, 140/22, 160/23, 180/24, and 200/25. If you need a specialty size, please call us.
• B-27: Which are also know as 81x1, DCx27, DCx1, SY 6120 and MY 1023 are typically used with sergers. Available in thicknesses NM 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 85/13, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, 120/19, 125/20, 130/21, and 140/22.
• EMBROIDERY NEEDLES DBxK5 or UY 120 GHS: Regular pointed needle with a wider eye and a wider throat, allows the use of more voluminous threads for decorative embroidery. It can be used with decorative rayon, polyester, and lurex threads. The larger eye protects the thread from cuts and reduces the friction effect between the thread and the fabric, ensuring an excellent quality result. Available in thickness NM 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 85/13, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, and 200/25..
• DBx1 Needle: Are also referred to as 16x231, 16x257, 1738, and 1515. These are generally used with lockstitch machines. Available in NM 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 85/13, 90/14, 100/16, and 110/18 thicknesses.
• UY 128 R: Also known as UY128GAS. These are usually used with chainstitch machines and come in sizes NM 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 85/13, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, 120/19, 125/20, 130/21 and 140/22.